Music Production, Arrangement, and Logic Pro Tutor
* Universal Music Group - recording artist under exclusive contract (2009-14)
* Universal Music Publishing - songwriter under exclusive contract (2009-14)
* London Interactive Music Meetup - organiser and founder (2015-17)
* Freelance Producer/Mixer, multiple UK Top-20 charting singles (2018-present)
* Middlesex University (ACM) CHE in Music Technology (2006)
* Logic Pro Certified Trainer (2019)
My main teaching subject is Logic Pro. My full list of teaching subjects includes:
- Logic Pro (Advanced)
- Principles of Music Production (Advanced)
- Principles of Audio Recording and Editing (Advanced)
- Principles of Songwriting and Arrangement (Advanced)
- Music Theory (Rhythm, Melody, and Harmony) (Advanced)
- Other music technologies (Various)
As an artist, I've gained press support from the likes of the Guardian, Times, Vice and Clash; I've toured the UK, giving several hundred live performances, and worked/mentored under several Grammy-winning producers, mixers, and engineers. I got my start completing a Middlesex Uni production course at 16, winning a national songwriting competition, and signing as a teenager to management, publishing and recording deals shortly thereafter.
From 2016, I've worked on commissions for everything from Production/Mix (earning multiple UK top-20 charting singles) to Orchestral Arrangement (including for the London Philharmonic). Through my London Interactive Music Meetup, I organised 18 workshops in Adaptive, Generative, and other cutting-edge forms of music, as well as the Interactive Music Summit at Google Campus, hosting industry and academic heavyweights from across the space.
I run full (prepared) courses in each of the subjects above, but also tailor each lesson to the student's needs and aims. Regular students also get the benefit of 24/7 support - you can contact me at any time for advice, or when you get stuck.
Looking forward to teaching you!
"BO IS AWESOME!
Passionate, thorough and helpful - everything I could have wanted for a teacher.
Bo taught me a wide range of topics within production in Logic Pro X. We covered everything from how to think about building melodies for a song, looking in-depth at how to use a compressor (and why/when it matters), how to build tension/release into a song using techniques within automation, going into the fundamentals of mixing and mastering... the list goes on.
Bo has super deep knowledge, but also a way of explaining it so you can understand it, and then go on to USE the things you've learned in class.
I would highly, highly recommend lessons with Bo. Not only did I learn loads, I also had a really great time.
Thanks Bo! :-)"
- Fraser W
"Excellent tutor, incredibly enthusiastic and creative with his lesson plans. Really takes the student into account to create a bespoke experience. We couldn’t be more happy!"
- Michelle M